Vertical Bi-Fold Doors
Crown Incorporated is the exclusive manufacturer of the patented SST-II Hydraulic Bi-Folding Door and Window System (Patent No. 8,714,229), as well as the Hydraulic 50/50 (Patent No. 9,567,789) and Single-Swing door/window systems. Through creative design and engineering excellence, we produce innovative architectural hydraulic doors and windows. With an emphasis on ease of installation and simplicity of use, our products redefine the way in which you interact with the spaces around you.
The patented SST-II hydraulic bi-folding system opens vertically, allowing smooth and quiet access between environments with just the press of a button. By incorporating the SST-II bi-folding door or window system, the barrier between interior and exterior vanishes and the ambience of the outdoors is allowed to flow in. Designing with SST-II allows light and motion to easily move through your interior space.
- Shipped with rust-resistant, red-oxide primer, ready for field finishing
- Manual lowering system in case of power failure
- Total security without the use of locking mechanisms – The hydraulic cylinders draw the system panels closed with 1,000+ lbs. of force, creating a tight seal around the perimeter
- Full perimeter weather seals
- Integral mounting frame to limit loads on the structure
- Precision welds at all frame joints
- Heavy-duty bottom rollers are entirely captured by the SST-II frame, keeping the system secure at all times
- No floor track is required – Nothing to impair movement through the opening
- When open the system forms an awning providing protection from the weather and sun
- The use of hydraulics eliminates the need for limit switches
We offer a wide range of customization options for our Bi-Folding doors and window systems. Our technical team will help you incorporate these features in creating an end product that suits your needs.
- Finish – Our steel-tube panels and integral mounting frame are shipped standard with red-oxide primer and are ready for field finishing. For corrosive environments (sea-side or pool house installations), the panels and frame can be constructed from stainless steel. Both materials may be factory powder-coated in any standard RAL color. The adjacent color chart represents the full range of colors available in the RAL system and does not imply immediate availability.
- System Control – Customers may select from either a standard up/down, 2-button or key control for system operation. For added safety, all controls are constant-contact. A weather-resistant control is also available for outside entry through exterior installations.
- Safety – If safety is a concern, or if remote transmitters are required, infrared photo eyes are available for installation adjacent to the hydraulically operated door or window system. Alternatively, a lead-edge sensor may be mounted to the bottom of the hydraulic door/window panel. Both can be programmed to either stop or stop and reverse the motion of the door or window panels. As a final layer of safety, a single-unit warning horn and strobe light which will indicate operation of the system is also available.
- Remote Operation – Remote Transmitters offer ease of entry allowing for the user to open or close the hydraulic door or window system on approach. Transmitters – like the standard wall-mounted controls – are constant contact. For safety reasons, the inclusion of either photo eyes or a lead-edge sensor with use of remote transmitters is required.
- Security – For installations requiring additional security or dealing with extreme negative wind pressures within the structure, automatic, electrically-actuated locks are available for securing the system panels to the frame. Positioned adjacent to the cylinders, the locks latch closed over a pin welded to the frame.
- Cladding – For turn-key products, both inside-sash and front-set glass retainer systems as well as a variety of dual or single pane glazing options are available. All factory-supplied glass is laminated. Customers may also elect to clad their doors in field with a virtually unlimited number of coverings such as polycarbonate, steel or even wood.
- Back Up System – In the event of a power-outage, the hydraulic door or window system may be manually lowered through use of the included release valve. If the system must be opened in the event of a power-outage, and if the building has no generator, a 24v DC battery back-up system is provided. The (2) 12v deep-cycle batteries must be purchased separately.
- Motor/Power Unit – The motor/power unit consists of the motor, pump and hydraulic fluid reservoir. The unit may be located anywhere within the building – Close proximity to the hydraulic door or window is not necessary. Hydraulic hose will route between the motor unit and the door or window system. The new and technically-advanced unit will be shipped with most projects, however, the previous unit will remain available for use where space considerations require it.